Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 2 (Aug 24th)

Okay so contrary to what I said, I haven't posted pictures. But never fear my friends, I shall do that soon.

And thus, my day goes like this...

1. I woke up at 8 am to the sound of my alarm clock and thought I had to go on a tour. (It's tomorrow.)

2. Got breakfast at one of the school cafeterias with my roommate, a guy from UGA, and someone he just met. (For the record, I had mandu which are dumplings.)

3. Then went to Myeongdong with UGA guy. It was fun. We took the subway where you technically have to stand the whole time cuz there's a lot of old people. I bought some food from the street vending ajummas and ajusshis. It was good.

Myeongdong has a bunch of shops with brand name stores and they're all expensive. And cool. But mostly expensive. Like they had Aldo, H&M, Foot Locker...I know, normal right? And then we went into this department store that had Chanel, Burberry, Louis Vuitton, and other brand names I can't afford. And just like anywhere, the sales associates look at you if you're window shopping and idling around. LoL

 4. After Myeongdong, we went back to Sinchon (where Yonsei is) and ate lunch. I had egg ramyun and the ajumma that made it said I was pretty. Hehe.

5. Then I just went back to the dorm and watched shows on my computer and took a nap cuz my legs were killing me. And that's my day. Ta dah!

I know, not as eventful as yesterday but it was still fun. Anyway here are some tips and random things I observed:

1. Flip flops don't make good walking footwear so if you ever go to Korea, don't forget your running shoes.
2. Contrary to what I believed, I'm not that tall compared to other Asians...unless I wear heels. I'm 5'7".
3. Most people wear tall shoes.
4. There is "double-eyelid tape" here. (Yeah...idk ponder that.)
5. Apparently I look Filipino and have an accent.
6. According to my roommate, I was apparently dubbed "the girl with the big eyes" and know stuff about plastic surgery. (not really sure if they're assuming I got double-eyelid surgery or not but I can assure you I have not.)
7. And lastly, some of the girls are getting plastic surgery (their nose done) which is what my mom told me to do while I'm in Korea but I am currently not entertaining that notion cuz I don't believe anything is wrong with my face.

Oki doki, that's all. ^ . ^ To Gyeongbukgung tomorrow!
Myeongdong
Mandu, Egg Ramyun, and Hurricane Potato

No comments:

Post a Comment