Monday, November 25, 2013

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire!

Nov 22nd - 24th.

Here's a tough question, guess what I did this weekend? OMG How'd you guess? Hehe. That's right, I went to see Hunger Games: Catching Fire and it was AWESOME!!! I haven't read any of the books but I do appreciate the movies so far. I mean, the first half of the movie was a bit slow but my friend said it was necessary so yeah. Other than that, the movie was great and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Oh and just so you guys know, movie theaters in Seoul (or at least the one I went to) are so much nicer than in the United States. You pick your own seat before you buy the tickets, and they also have a whole section for couples. The couple seats look like a love seat and all the seats in the theater are super cushy, and you get a lot of leg room. I would've taken a picture for you guys, but I felt like being touristy at a movie theater would be slightly inappropriate so I didn't. Sorry.

I went to the movies with my friends Friday night. Before then, me and Mint hung out because she's flying out to Thailand for like a month and when she gets back, I won't be here. We met in Hongdae, went to the Vans store where she bought a hat, and then went to eat dinner. I had donkatsu dob bap and goon mandu. The donkatsu dob bap was good but the mandu wasn't too great. I've had better mandu. Anywho, Mint had curry and that was really good as well. After dinner, we went to Hapjeong (where we were going to watch the movie with the others) and walked around Home Plus. I bought sushi again but I didn't have my allergy medicine so I got a slight allergic reaction. Nothing too serious. Then we watched the movie.

Okay so after the movie, me and Halima were catching a cab home and saw two people with the same hair from behind. At first, you'd think it was two girl friends just standing together. Nope, it was a guy and a girl. I almost died laughing and people probably thought I was drunk. I know I'm not supposed to laugh at other people but the sight of that caught me off-guard and I just couldn't help myself. I apologize.

And the hilarities didn't stop there folks. While walking home, I spotted three guys peeing together next to the department store. There were all like peeing in the same puddle out in the open. I died. I just couldn't believe my eyes. It was sooooooooooooo funny to me. But anywho, moving on.

So on Saturday, I slept all day then met Mint. We hung out with our friend Caroline and met Amber from f(x). After that, I took her to Solbin's and we ate. A lot. He let her cook too. (She burnt our hot dog bun.) He also got her autograph. Haha. Halima met us there after her Thanksgiving Banquet thing and we went with Mint to run errands and then went back to her place and watched "The Heat". Or at least, I watched it. According to Mint, she didn't need to watch the movie, the movie was watching her. Basically the master plan was to stay up all night and drop Mint off at the airport in the morning. I was the only one that followed through with it. But yeah.

5:30 am Sunday morning, we checked in her bags and ate breakfast at McDonald's. They don't have biscuits here. Only English muffins. I know, what kind of monstrosity is that, right? But the hot cakes and sausages tastes really good. And of course, the hash-brown did too. Nothing greasier than a McDonald's hash-brown man. After breakfast, we took a cab to the airport and saw Mint off. Halima fell asleep on the subway back and when I got home, I passed out on my bed until 7:00 pm. The End!

Movies with Friends
Dinner and Breakfast
Up All Night
Minty Cookin' Our Hot Dog
Mint Posing with My Food

No comments:

Post a Comment