Saturday, November 23, 2013

IT SNOWED!!!

Nov 18th - 21st

It snowed on Monday. Hence the title of this blog post. I kid you not. It totally made my life. Like you wouldn't believe how happy I was. But it only snowed for a total of like 10 minutes and Monday was the only day it snowed. Still! There was a legit blizzard at one point and my black coat was white. It was legit. Moving on.

Besides laundry and cleaning my room, I didn't do much on Monday. I walked around Edae and bought some shirts but yeah. I did eat samgyetang for lunch which is a chicken soup with a whole chicken that has rice and ginseng inside of it. Quite frankly, it wasn't very good and I didn't like it. Maybe it was from the restaurant I ate it ate but the soup was bland and fatty and there was chicken bones with every bite (which got annoying after a while). I didn't go to dance class because I woke up to find that half of my toe nail had ripped off. It didn't hurt. It was just unpleasant. As for dinner, me and my roomie had fried chicken for dinner.

Tuesday was as uneventful as Monday. Or more so. I went to class, had ramyun for lunch, and curry for dinner. Me and the roomie went to Abiko Curry. It was really good. You could customize your own late there; like picking what kind of curry you want, what toppings you want on it, what meat, and how spicy you want it. In my opinion, it was reasonably priced and I enjoyed my chicken donkatsu and chicken curry.

Wednesday I went out to dinner with Mint, Daniel, and Halima after my class and we went to Dos Tacos which is...can you guess? A Mexican restaurant. I had the meat and avocado burrito which was superrrrrr good. I love avocado so it made me really happy. Plus the burrito was huge and filling. After dinner, me, Daniel, and Mint went to Hapjeong where Mint participated in Danny's impromptu photo-shoot. After Mint took a bunch of pictures, we hung out at HomePlus (a giant supermarket) and I ate some sushi. Although the burrito was filling, for some reason I was still hungry. Or maybe it was because I wanted sushi.

Okay so I'm going to tell you guys a story about how we came up with dinner plans for Wednesday. Basically, Halima, Mint, Daniel and I were in a group chat debating for like an hour and a half about what we should eat. Have you ever tried to get four indecisive people to all decide on what to eat for dinner? Especially when one of those four is a liiiiiiiiittle picky about what she wanted to eat? (Yes. that would be me.) Well, lemme tell you that it is utterly ridiculous, completely hilarious, and involves a lot of emoticons. Here are some highlights from the conversation (which all revolve around Danny):

"Danny...bye."
"Why does this duck have one foot?"
"Oh really Danny? I was under the impression we were eating bricks."
(His answer: "Bricks is so last year.")
"Goku...bye."
"We should call him Vageta cuz Vageta's shorter. I feel like Danny looks more like Vageta."

Can you imagine how ridiculous and utterly entertaining this was? Needless to say, I was postah be studying for a test and well...I didn't. You can imagine how well that test went.

Thursday, another empty kind of day. I didn't go to my first class because I didn't feel very well. After waking up and going to my last class, I planned to go to Thomaz's dance class but dinner ran late so I didn't make it. For dinner, I tried doenjang jjigae for the first time. It's fermented soybean soup and it has a pungent kind of smell. It was delish and I'm pretty sure my tummy was cursing me because I was so full. I also bought a checked scarf in Edae (I like checkered things). After dinner, me and my friends hung out at a coffee shop where I drank strawberry cream oolong tea. It was good and yet it wasn't. Kinda strange really but yeah. At the coffee shop, we convinced Edward to finally get an instagram and taught him how to use it a bit. Then I went home and watched dramas. The end.

Sorry this post has been about what I ate this week. Wish I could say I did worthwhile things but I didn't. Can you guys believe I only have one month left? It's crazy and also kind of bittersweet. I miss my family but I also don't want to leave. There's so much I've yet to do!!! Oh well, takin' it one day at a time.

It's Snowing! 
Dos Tacos Burrito 
Jjigae Dinner w/ Friends
Curry and Samgyetang

No comments:

Post a Comment